Premier Floorball offers Hockey Cross-Training (the best form of off-ice training) for Minor Hockey Associations.
The goals of our Hockey Cross-Training Program are to:
- provide players an opportunity to develop stick handling, passing, and shooting skills using similar playing techniques as ice hockey, but in a gym
- help players become better conditioned (aerobic) by using drills and/or mini games that require speed, agility and many transition movements during play
- help players increase their decision making (“mind speed“) via high tempo games in a smaller gym area, and challenge them to view and choose their options quicker
- work with coaching staff to plan, demonstrate and execute ‘controlled’ ice hockey systems in a space that is less expensive than an rink ice
- create an environment where the players are having FUN and not realizing that they are improving their hockey skills
- we rent a gym
- provide all the floorball equipment
- provide a Floorball Canada Certified Facilitator to introduce your team to the basic floorball rules
- get your players playing mini games
Depending on your coaches preferences, we can also take your players through a series of hockey-type skills drills to work on your teams tactics and systems.
Book your hockey cross-training session today!