Premier Floorball offers workshops for schools to help educate teachers and students on the game of floorball.
School In Class Demonstration
This is a one hour demonstration during class hours to showcase floorball to students during gym time as well as introduce the Phys-ed and/or Athletic Director to the sport. Additional hours can be booked if desired.
- introduce the students & school staff to the sport of floorball – during their scheduled gym class or for a one hour period over lunch period or after school
- help students learn how to properly play floorball by placing them in mini games, explaining/enforcing floorball rules and applying school curriculum outcomes
- help students discover their desire to play floorball beyond a gym class session
- work with school staff to plan future floorball events (4-week after school/ lunch floorball program)
4-Week After School/ Lunch Floorball Program
This program typically follows the School In Class Demonstration, but can be purchased by the school at any time. The 4-weeks consist of a 1-week introduction (history, rules and drills/ short mini game) followed by 3 weeks of mini games (mixing teams up each week and running a round robin tournament of 4-5 minute games and finals). The equipment is provided by Premier Floorball.
- introduce the students & school staff to the sport of floorball and engage in a series of floorball games each week, either with set teams or alternating players each week
- help students to properly play by increasingly applying floorball rules as the weeks proceed
- help students discover their desire to play floorball beyond this program
- work with school staff to plan future floorball events (in school and/or inter school tournaments)
- help the school purchase a Hockey Canada School Floorball Kit and incorporate floorball in their curriculum
Hockey Canada Floorball Kit Offer
- 4 Week x 1 Hr School Program ($200)
- 1 Hr In School Workshop ($50)
- School Floorball Kits (start at $725)
*Dependent on the kit purchased